Students (Boys & Girls) opting for university hostel accommodation within the campus shall abide by these rules:
- Any type of ragging on the hostel premises is strictly prohibited.
- Hostel accommodation will only be allotted to the students who have paid the full academic session fee and have good academic credentials and is subject to renewal/allotment on academic session basis.
- Once the hostel accommodation is allotted, the fee paid for it will not be refunded.
- Students with chronic medical problems will not be admitted to the Hostel. By chance, if any student with a chronic medical problem gets admitted to the Hostel, he/she will have to vacate the hostel accommodation immediately as soon as it comes to the notice of the authorities to enable the student to avail of proper medical care through his/her parent/ guardian.
- Regular absentees from classes, monthly tests, University Examinations and students scoring less than the minimum pass marks in the monthly tests and the University Examinations will not be permitted to continue to stay in the hostel.
- If a student is expelled from the University for any reason, he/she has to immediately vacate the hostel on the day of expulsion from the University. His /her continued stay in the hostel will be treated as unauthorized occupation.
- Every hosteller shall have to vacate his/her room within three days of the completion of his/her End-Term Examinations.
- Hostels will remain closed during the vacations as specified in the Academic Calendar; hostellers will not be allowed to stay in the hostel during that period. However, in exceptional cases, Chief Warden after the approval of the competent authority can permit a boarder to stay in the hostel for a specific period of vacation.
- Extension or alteration of the existing electrical wiring or any fittings of any water or sanitary fittings by any hosteller is strictly prohibited.
- No furniture shall be removed in the hostel from one room to another without the prior permission of the Warden.
- Keeping of licensed or unlicensed firearms, lethal weapons including daggers etc. or any contraband materials whatsoever in any form is not allowed in the hostel under any circumstances. Breach of this rule by any hosteller shall result in not only expulsion from the hostel but also rustication from the University.
- No hosteller shall be permitted to use any hallucinogenic drugs or alcoholic drinks in the hostel. Even possession of these prohibited articles shall call for not only the expulsion of the hosteller from the hostel but also rustication from the University.
- No female visitor including any girl student shall be allowed inside the Boy's Hostel likewise no male visitor including any male student shall be allowed inside the Girl’s Hostel.
- The hostel rooms are subject to inspection by the University/Hostel authorities hence the room should always be kept neat and clean and no unauthorized materials like liquor, drugs, lethal weapons etc., should be kept in the room.
- The hostellers are personally responsible to safeguard their belongings and are advised not to keep a large amount of cash or valuables, like gold rings, costly wristwatches etc., in their rooms. They should also take care of their Wallet/purse, calculator, cell phones, computers and books. The hostellers are advised to keep their rooms, boxes, suitcases, cupboards, etc., securely locked with good-quality locks.
- The hostellers are not allowed to keep air coolers, musical instruments, audio system with speakers, TVs, electric irons or any electrical equipment without written permission of the Chief Warden. Unauthorized possession will lead to confiscation of the goods. If any hosteller is found to be in possession of these items, he/she will be levied a fine of Rs. 5,000.00 per occasion.
- Installation of computer systems in the hostel rooms should be done only after getting written permission from the Chief Warden. The usage of computer is permitted for academic purposes only.
- Hostellers have to maintain silence in the hostel premises including rooms, bathrooms, dining halls, corridors, common areas, etc. Every student of the hostel should have civic responsibility and should not be a cause of nuisance, annoyance or disturbance to others.
- Hostellers will give free access to wardens or any other authority of the University for roll calls and surprise checks by specially constituted committee.
- Hostellers are prohibited to enter into any unnecessary conversation, discussion, quarrel or altercation within the hostel. Discussions on political and religious issues are forbidden.
- The hostellers shall make judicious use of the hostel facilities and are forbidden to waste food, electricity, water, etc.
- Smoking, chewing tobacco or use of any intoxicating materials and spitting on the walls and corners and other places are strictly prohibited in the hostel premises.
- No hosteller is permitted to invite any day scholar/or any other outsider including guests in the hostel without the permission of the Warden. Harboring of any day scholar in the hostel will lead to the imposition of a fine of Rs. 5,000.00 on the hosteller as well as on the harbored day scholar.
- Every hosteller has to take Gate Pass for going outside the campus and must return within stipulated time. Such hostellers have to make appropriate entries at the Hostel Gate Register/Security Gate Register.
- Every hosteller has to abide by the existing rules and the rules framed from time to time for the hostel administration.
- Hostellers are prohibited to take their meals from the mess or from outside the campus to their rooms even on celebrations of birthdays or other party occasions without the permission of the Chief Warden.
- Hostellers are not allowed to keep their personal vehicle on the hostel premises without the permission of the Estate Officer/other Competent Authority of the University.
- Laundry Services are provided by the University. Clothes are taken for wash twice a week.